Received the following Awards and Recognitions:
* Governor's African American Advisory Council Honors Award (Governor Fife Symington)
* Attorney General African American Advisory Council
(Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich)
* Maricopa County Attorney African American Advisory Council Award ( Attorney Richard M. Romley)
* United Negro College Fund Certificate of Appreciation
(National Director William Grey)
* Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday Celebration of the City of Phoenix
* Break the Silence and Stop the Violence Youth Rally Campaign Award
* City of Phoenix Parks, Recreation and Library
* Department for Support and Contributing Recreational Enrichment of the Community
* Pioneer in Outstanding Entertainment Award
* NAACP Enrichment of the Community Award
* Detroit Thanksgiving Parade
* NABJ 2000 National Conference
* Phoenix "One Hundred" Award
* National Minority Supplier Development Council
* N.M.C.S. Service Award
* Super Bowl XLIII Pittsburh Steelers Victory Party Intercontinental Hotel Tampa, FL
Tyrone L. Williamson / CEO
Promoter/Artist Manager/WKOOL Radio Owner/Entrepreneur
Perseverance, experience and an ardent determination to be the best are just a few of the inherent qualities which have made Tyrone L. Williamson one of the best in the entertainment industry and most notable manager and promoter of concerts, theater, festivals, and other special events.
A veteran of the entertainment industry for over three decades, Williamson entrance into the world of concert promotions came in 1979 by way of legendary Concert Promoter, Marvin Collins founder of Marvin Collins Presents. Impressed with Williamson and his knowledge of music and style of promotions, Collins took Williamson under his wing, and as the old saying goes, the rest is history!
With Collins as his mentor, Williamson went on to experience phenomenal success. In
the area of R&B, Gospel and Jazz, with the promotion of other shows not only did Williamson
go on to become one of music's foremost promoters and manager. He became one of
Arizona's most prominent promoters of music and managed for such artists as jazz legend
Ronnie Laws(Jazz), Michael Henderson(R&B), Steve Arrington(R&B), Intruders(R&B) AJ Jamal
Gail Johnson(Jazz), Dee Brown(Jazz), Diane Carter(R&B), Stubbs Girls(R&B), Amber Dirks(R&B), Epic92(R&B), Cele(Jazz), Leslie McCurdy(Actress), Larry Lee(R&B),Gwen Laster(Jazz) Clazzmates
(Jazz), Carter Carter(Jazz) STeaDY(HipHop), Kopatechnic(R&B) and others.
Now in over 40 years as a concert promoter, Williamson resume lists
the promotion of a wide variety of genres and artists including:
The Isley Brothers The Whispers Phillis Hyman Chaka Khan
Angela Bofill Kumbia Kings George Howard Ray Parker Jr.
LL Cool J Whodini Grandmaster Flash Heavy D
Billy Paul New Edition Kool and The Gang Slave
Freddie Jackson Crusaders Roy Ayers Sister Sledge
Frankie Beverly & Maze Ndugu Chancler Marion Meadows Paul Taylor
The Dells Johnny Britt Gail Jhonson Jean Carne
Debarge Keith Washington Tom Brown Sonnie Fortune
Michael Wolf Mike & Brenda Stutton Tyrone Davis Rick James
Lakeside Michael Henderson Gilberto Santa Rosa SOS BAND
Midnight Star Mighty Clouds of Joy Yolanda Adams Kirk Franklin
Shirley Caesar Donnie McClurkin Richard Smallwood Vicki Winans
Vanessa Bell-Armstrong Tommy Davidson Sheryl Underwood Arnez J
Reginald Ballard Mark Curry Marc Jefferies AJ Jamal
Intruders Rose Royce CeCe Peniston Queen Pen
Jennifer Holiday Martha Reeves Adina Howard CAMEO many others.
Since 1979, Williamson has promoted several critically acclaimed national gospel stage plays and events. T.D Jakes Women Thou Art Loosed & Mega Fest, Somebody Outha Tell God Thank You, Gods Trying To Tell You Something, If Loving You Is Wrong I dont Want To Be Right, How To Love A Black Man, Aint No Mountain High Enough and HOPEVILLE featuring Kirk Franklin, Sickle Cell Anemia Benefit, Miss Black USA Pageant, Bob Marley Festival, National Association of Black Journalists Convention, UNCF Inaugural Celebrity Tennis Pro-Am Tournament, Black Firefighters Award Dinner, Royce Clayton Celebrity Golf Classic, National Grand Minority Supplier Development Council Convention, Lou Rawls“Parade of Stars UNCF Telethon, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration, International Jazz Day and R & B Hall of Fame.